View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:17 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
I will have to do a bit more digging in ANdy's setup to see if it behaves the same way and needs a "Remote" profile on the local setup. After we get his working self contained I will look in to splitting the work with the Pi just providing an Indi instance to connect to the equipment and the rest on the Mac. But the totally local setup has the advantage of being self contained, once we build/sort him a battery backed up power system at the mount it would image on through power outages like mine does.
I’d be interested to learn what sort of battery setup you use. I recently bought a power backup thing from Jaycar just to run a Pi Stellarium setup. It had a USB C and 2 USB 2 outlets - the former supplying 3 Amps and the others 2.something. The Pi4 with 4 GB has a SSD boot drive and it will generally but not always start and usually runs. But my Pi4 with 8 GB will not start at all. It is in a case with a built-in M.2 SSD so maybe it demands a bit more juice than my 3 Amp outlet can supply. So please post your own solution when you have one.