View Single Post
Old 29-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
You should check with Theo to see if the adjustment rings he has fit your camera. That would save messing with the focuser if the tilt is in the camera.
I'll send him off an email tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Big wod of text

Greg.
Thanks for all that Greg, will have to read over that a couple of times to get it down pat in my noggin
I totally agree with you about Precise Parts, not cheap but definitely worth it. It seems like my first port of call is getting my imaging train as rigid as possible, something that I don't quite believe it is at the moment. Something else I'll have to contact Theo about.

I have some more calculations and testing to do before ordering another part from PP. It didn't take me long to figure out a couple of things with this scope. With it being a triplet front cell and a three element corrector rear cell, the distance from the corrector (in the focuser) to the CCD ultimately determines the amount of back focus (focuser draw tube) and therefore the focal length of the system. The first time I set it up I had to rack the focuser out about 50mm which lead to slop and a focal length of 695mm. Having now increased the distance from corrector to CCD, I am down to 15-16mm focuser travel and 669mm, much better. I have a feeling that the tilt is a small amount of flexure, work on this first before anything else.