View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 08:18 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnimoa View Post
Can anybody point me in the right direction in either getting a replacement circuit board for my mount.

My transformer 12V 7.5A literally blew up and smoke billowed everywhere. No I wasn't trying to test my mount and video recording it for a Youtube clip.

Oh well. Eager to hear what you all reckon, I should do?

Cheers Gerald
Hi Gerald,

Sorry to hear of the bad news. Before you do any repair you need to understand what happened, otherwise the same may occur. The fact that your transformer blew up is curious as well as you said you also need a replacement circuit board for your mount. So to confirm you are saying the mount circuit board is damaged as well as the external power supply too?

For the power supply to blow up it either had an internal fault which caused a catastrophic failure or the load it was connected to (the mount) created the fault condition or there was a connecting cable fault or connector fault. You need to try and zero in on the root cause to eliminate the possibility of reoccurrence.

BTW was the mount supplied from the manufacturer with a power supply and was that the power supply and cabling used? The reason I ask is that a 7.5A power supply seems very generous for the manufacturer to be supplying

Best
JA