View Single Post
Old 23-07-2010, 05:20 PM
rogerg (Roger)

I'm not really sure where this thread is going but I'll add my 2c worth for the heck of it.

I agree with everything H said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koputai View Post
High ISO performance is also a consideration...
The 5DMkII is undoubtedly better than the 7D in this regard. And hearing all your comments I'm surprised you're even debating an alternative to the 5DMkII (perhaps you recently made up your mind ). However, having invested (not much$) in processing software like Noise Ninja you can largely negate this in an extremely easy manner.

To address Barry's actual question .... if that is what this thread is meant to be for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound31 View Post
Glad you picked that lens/camera?Yes/No/Why?
Bought: Canon 7D. Glad I picked it? Yes – what a great camera. So many great features, so easy to use, so “enabling”, has autofocus capabilities like it reads your mind, viewfinder that is big and bright, all the manual controls right at your fingertips for fast manipulation, extremely rapid fire capability. Noise is the downside. Noise and crop factor are it’s only two negatives, and crop factor has its advantages as well as disadvantages. Noise is dealt with in post processing 99% of the time without problem with the click of one button. 5DMkII was my alternative, but I couldn’t justify the extra cost, and still don’t really have the extra money to side-step to the 5DMkII if I wanted to. If I did have the money it would be a tough call to side-step or wait for MkIII with the brains of the 7D with the brawn of the 5DMkII