View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
I am using a ZWO ASI294.

It took me a while to get flips happening correctly in APT but by then I had made the move to SGP as I really needed reliable auto focusing, otherwise I have to sit up with it all night. I am using an SCT currently and the focus change with temperature changes is very significant. The current APT focus routine does not cope well with the SCT even if you could automate it in the imaging plan. Full frame HFR measurement will help but the Celestron focus motor sees in and out differently to the rest of the world! You could cope with it with big backlash/mirror flop compensations but you had to remember to make an "Out" move manually or the compensation would not be reliably invoked. You can't currently reverse the focuser movement in APT or set it to have all moves end with an "Out" move, which would make that part of it reliable.

It is a pity, in a lot of ways I still like APT better as there are things it does in a better presented way than SGP.
Can I ask what you have selected in the camera tab please....the ASI or ZWO camera?