View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Imme (Jon)

SGP - "Failed to save image to disk"

Hi guys,

I've recently taken the step from APT to SGP (paid version) for 2 reasons....the meridian flip and autofocus features. I'm also hoping to install a Cloudwatcher soon for obs roof control to complete my 'I like sleeping when it's dark' plans

I had no luck with autofocus/flip on APT even though in general I loved the program and have used it very successfully for image acquisition (DSLR/QHY8/ASI1600 OSC) and scope control.

I loaded SGP up a couple nights ago (latest version), completed equipment profiles and the like and all appears to be working great, however, when running a sequence I'm getting an error message on a fairly regular basis that reads "Failed to save image to disk", delving deeper SGP reports a memory problem. The sequence continues without 'hanging' meaning SGP continues taking pictures, it just throws away the previous picture. The problem is I'm losing every second or third picture - not a great way to collect data really!

The computer I'm using is a fairly new desktop running 4gig ram and plenty of hard disk space.....never even hinted an issue of problems when running APT.

I'm running a asi1600 cooled OSC. I've adjusted USB limit down to 40. I note I was using the "ASI camera" in the equipment tab.....should I change this to the "ZWO camera" selection, or......

I've done a fair bit of googling on this but haven't really found an answer to my issue. I'm hoping this is a fairly straight forward solve with a setting I've missed somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas?