View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Lewis
About a year ago you descibed repainting a Tak scope (at least I think you did) but I have been unable to retrace the advice.
I have just taken ownership of an FS78 and as is normal with an 18 year old there are some acne scars, do you have any advice on alieviating this condition.
Any advice would allow my little Tak to go out chasing other Taks with increased confidence.
Regards
Dave Cooke
Dave,

That's fairly severe acne.

To be honest, that would need the flakes peeled off and then a very thin layer of spot putty, rubbed back then resprayed in total. You couldn't match that precisely. Of course, this would mean removing the dewshield decal too, and potentially making a new one (I MAY have a spare still).. And then, if you are fastidious (read: anal) about it, you'd respray the main tube too to match.

I can do it for you, but my minimum cost on a full tube is around $150 (the proper automotive epoxy paint costs around $65 a can, and the clear another $35). You COULD do it with Bunnings sourced refrigerator epoxy paint for less, but I have never found the result as durable as the automotive stuff.

Or sell me the Tak (been looking for a visual scope...hmmmm)