View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
ChrisM
Sandy Ridge Observatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
G'day, I'm fortunate enough to have an observatory with a bit of room( 6m x3m shed with a 2.9m dome on top) I'm interested to know what extra's you may have in your Observatory? I've got a 127cm plasma TV which I'm able to display what I'm seeing via a G-Star-X video camera, this is great when you have a few visitors. Also I have a turntable which I play records on.......you know, they're made of vinyl with a hole in the middle and sound great, this is connected to a 5.1 surround sound system, sounds really great, as you can appreciate this is a relatively small area. So what do you have in your Man/Woman cave, clear skies.
Hi Neil, I also have the TV screen and 5.1 sound. One little trick with the sound system is to mount a speaker (I used the 5th channel) on one side of the obs just near the base of the dome and pointing up at about 45 deg so that the sound reflects off the dome surface. It creates some magic effects, especially with you seated directly opposite! All the other speakers are downstairs.

Also have white board, a few charts & photographs, CCTV to view the mount from downstairs, 2-way radio/scanner, dehumidifier & heater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC_3717.jpg)
174.3 KB74 views

Last edited by ChrisM; 01-11-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added pic