View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
It is true that phd or other guide software can correct in both directions at once but if there is inconsistent backlash it will cause more jumpy guiding if there are corrections in both axis with each guide impulse. It also makes it much easier to work out where the tracking errors are with the mount. If you are well polar aligned there should be very little Dec correction needed and what there is should be in 1 direction. The RA corrections should be more even and not prone to backlash problems.

Yes,Andrew-the AG can work both at once,I can hear lots of 'stops and starts' noise from the mount,I see slight up and down and 'jumpy' movement on screen.So will make sure AG camera is square,I looks slightly tilted at present.To check-I'll leave as is-and do the check David Trappet mentions,and then adjust the AG scope so its square.

I had the backlash set at 300,and now know it needs be at 0.Just wondering what speed the AG speed needs to be set at in the paddle,I have it on 2.5,may be too high??? should I set it at 1.5??

A while back,I had cable connection issues,and could not get anything to talk to each other.Now its like there has been too much information and over corrections and with the faults that I have made with BL etc,too much going on has caused poor tracking.

Thanks all-Chris

Last edited by hotspur; 02-09-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: detail