View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpage View Post
Alternatively, I noticed My Astroshop sells the GT-71 which is a triplet and includes a field flattener as well, for only $1535. I’ve emailed them asking how much shipping is but they haven’t answered yet. I expect it to probably be about $50, so the total setup would be about $3000 with other accessories. But how noticeable is the difference between a triplet like the GT-71, and a doublet of the same size like the Skywatcher Evostar ED 72which is a lot cheaper. The difference is about $600 so I’m not sure if it’s worth it or not.
My Astroshop has very recently transferred ownership to an IIS member on here called Alex (mental4astro).. you might want to send him a pm.. I don't know what he does or doesn't have in stock first hand but, as he is a friend of mine, I am aware that the website may not be 100% accurate as yet as he is juggling this business, his main occupation & family but, he is working like crazy to get on top of it.

Send him a PM, you may get a quicker answer as to whether or not he has one in stock...

Cheers