View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 02:24 AM
netwolf

C14 Dovetail mounting

Hi All,

On the C14 my friends and I are restoring we found that the OTA seems to maybe be missing something to mount the Losmandy dovetail bar radius blocks. There are holes at the back with the right threads but at the front the holes have caps in them but dont seem to have any threads, and the losmandy supplied screws to small for the holes. A C11 my friend also has from the same time period seems to have a small metal plate on the inside of the OTA into which the two screws from the radius blocks screw in from the outside. But there is no such plate on the C14.

See attached photo of C11. The little plate is held in place by the middle screw. On the C14 there is just the middle screw with a nut but no plate.

Has anyone else found this with there C14? This is a 90's C14 and may have been fork mounted initially. But when we got it, it was in rings on a Pentax Mount. We would rather use the Losmandy plate, but seems we may have to make a metal plate and add it in. Just wanting to see what others have got and or done to resolve.

Thanks in Advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (6c8573af-df8f-46fc-8ccd-cdc57e622708.jpg)
59.5 KB38 views