View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:10 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

A few of us have SONY gear and love it, Low noise sensors, brilliant ergonomics and menus. If you are not expecting to connect via PC to the DSLR then that is my choice but if you want to control and download via PC then Canon with BYEOS or AP Tools is one preferred route. I haven't tried Nikon connectivity so unable to comment on that but BYNIKON (or whatever it's called) is now available from the same developer.

If you are just using the inbuilt timer or a plug in remote then any camera will do, it comes down to how easy is it to get to focus and frame via the LCD panel or EV viewer.

I use the Canon 450D for the ease of use and it's the lowest ( and cheapest) model with Live View, a big plus for the Canon options. But if you are only using a DOB then long exposures aren't an option anyway due to field rotation and tracking. DSO's and Nebs via DOB, you'll need high ISO ( and therefore noise ) and short exposures. Don't be put off too much though, Raymo is showing us all how single frame exposures can be pushed to the processing limit to give quite amazing results.