Thread: Goto
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2020, 10:33 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Stupid me !
I must insist you do not use negative self talk particularly where I can see that I have been the cause. I would prefer to hear... I was under a misunderstanding which in an effort to avoid any mis communication I took the time to address and whereupon I successfully arrived at the correct conclusion thereby adopting a sensible position confirming that I am a good person.

OK I joke a little but I believe even the slightest negative self talk must be identified and driven out...I once would say ... when not finding something or even when I found it.."your memory is getting worse" and indeed my subconscious would see to it that I was right...then one day I realised that telling oneself you are bad or incompetent can't help any desired improvement...and so from that time on I would always say " your memory is certainly improving"...and I would say this after finding something missing..and of course when I found something I would remember when I left it there...so I remembered ..finally..that is a good memory I tells myself...now this sort of thing works...certainly my memory is rather fantastic these days..I find saying "you can do anything" very helpful...or " just because you are older it does not mean you can't move it"...or " heck if a factory worker put it together you certainly can fix it"...

Now this approach has been invaluable with astro photography...I find so much extremely challenging and the response is often to throw up my hands and say, for example,..."I can't understand differential geometry and general relativity and molecular biology..these being things I look at when taking a break from trying to understand goto or guiding for example..and finally with this positive attitude you keep at it and you learn a little more..like with differential geometry.."so those three pages of equations simply was how to draw a curve..got it."

Now for any one who is still with me just be careful on what you say to yourself..never be nasty or critical or defeatist.

Now my legs really don't hurt that much and they will hurt whether I lay here feeling sorry for myself or get out and do something...so get up and do something..if you can't lift it use a ramp...

Alex