View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Crushellon (Tim)

So I've got it all set up and ready for the weekend. Was hoping to get the cable management a bit better, but hiding a few metres of USB on a little scope is a mission. I think I'll have a look at getting some super short USB cables custom made, or make some myself. I made a plate for the top of the scope to mount all the extra gear and a machined block to mount the finder guider on and lathed down my M48-EOS adapter to get the spacing just right. Overall I'm pretty happy with it and this is pretty much how it's gonna stay until around Christmas when I get a new mono cam for it.

So I managed to fit all this on there: TS80mm Triplet APO, TS 3" 0.79x Reducer/Corrector, Moonlite 2.5" CFL focuser/controller/temperature sensor, Orion Finder Guider with an ASI120mm, Kendrick mini dew controller with straps for scope and guider and my trusty USB hub to plug it all into.

I'm going to make a 12v power hub with a fuse for each item to squeeze in there next week too. The whole idea is that there will be one USB cable and one 12v power cable running to the whole setup. Although when I do get another mono cam it will have its own dedicated USB cable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0038.jpg)
205.3 KB63 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0039.jpg)
197.8 KB64 views