View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

keep in mind if you're using the software and hardware properly no machine is ever fast enough. speaking from experience in 3D modelling/rendering since the late '80s.

long tasks in PixInsight, like registration and integration I just set up and let it go while I head to bed or work. Once I have an integrated or drizzle integrated file to process its where my time and attention is needed so registration and integration I will do on sets of images I've taken and leave further processing to later instead of devoting all my time and all my computers time to just one image from capture to final image before moving on, I usually have a bunch of images "on the go" in various states of completeness in my workflow. Eventually final images result, sometimes I rush through a simple processing workflow just to see the potential in my capture. Its all a constant state of experimenting and optimizing each step in the workflow...and wishing my machine was faster (so I usually watch movies on another machine next to me just to keep me occupied).