View Single Post
Old 19-02-2019, 09:39 PM
tempestwizz (Brian)

FWIW, The pics Dennis has provided are for the same Temma as I have. John advises that his only has one switch.

I myself have issues with the connection to the hand controller box, and note that several others have also had problems with the hand controller box connection. The symptoms are that the mount drives don’t appear to be driving, but on close inspection (for my case) the RA is driving as can be noted by movement of the RA decoder. The cause of the problem is a poor connection to the 8 pin mini DIN plug on the Temma module. I found by jiggling it around severely, I could get it to work again if I held it just the right angle. But from session to session the problem persisted. So, maybe hand controller connectivity.
For my unit, I could get RS232 connectivity, and control the mount via both TSX, and SkySafari. John advises that he sees a com port connected, but doesn’t connect to TSX. That allowed me to isolate the hand controller as the issue.

On my unit, I have in the past, removed the Temma unit and disconnected, then reconnected all internal cabling. It is worth a try. Make sure the flat cables are properly inserted and seated.
I am assuming you are using the same power supply as has worked before? I have also had issues with powering via some switch mode power supplies. It seems the switching frequencies of some can upset the Temma operation.
Hope this may help.
(PS if find out your Temma is dead, I’d like to rat the board for the 8 pin mini DIN socket that is dodgy in mine)