View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 01:55 PM
issdaol (Phil)

When you power down the mount it loses all of the connection and alignment data.

If you cant hear the drives tracking after power up (it is a very low level hum so easily missed in a noisy environment) there is definitely an electronic/hardware issue of some sort.

So if you know for a fact that your battery is in good condition then that eliminates the battery being at fault as well.

Of course if you are unsure about the battery you could always plug into a mains connected power pack just to make sure.

As for the red light on the polar scope....I have seen instances where that has been displaced and not working but the mount continues to work fine so its actually not a good test/indicator of other problems.

If it is a board issue (which is is sounding more and more likely based on tests you have done) you could just ship it to Tak and get it repaired.

Considering the overall quality of the mount its hard to get the same quality alternative for the cost of shipment and repair.

That being said if you dont want to spend the money on shipment and repair are happy with a cheaper mount like an AZEQ6, then they do the job.

I have an AZEQ6 and it handles my TOA150 relatively well....its much noisier and not as mechanically precise as my EM400 but its ok for the price point.