View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 06:24 AM
RussellH

AP imaging book recommendations?

This sub forum is for AP questions as well as images, isn’t it?

I’m looking for a good AP beginners book on the workflow to go through after image capture. Martin recommended the Jerry Lodriguss digital books, and they look very nice, but at around $65 each, and being a little confused as to which one is best as they seem to overlap a bit, I don’t want to spend $200 getting the 3 main ones and have lots of redundancy. He also focusses on Photoshop, which is good common ground, but I don’t see many people using photoshop as their primary imaging tool, with all the custom AP software available.

I see lots for sale on Amazon, so I’m hoping some pointers to weed out the chaff and find the gems can be provided. I want to avoid ones that are out of date with modern processing, and ave more than just a basic one that says “stack, contract, brightness, levels.. you’re done!”. I love a good long user manual and technical information, so I’m not afraid of big words and long explanations if it gives me a full understanding of why things are done, not just the how.

Suggestions appreciated without breaking the bank.

Thanks. Russell.