View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 07:20 PM
DRCORTEX (Lance)
Neo - as in Dr Neo Cortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
I'd say the most likely explanation for your problem is an error with setup. I use the Celestron Skysync GPS with my AZ-EQ6/Starsense so there's no need to enter any data at start up.

I once owned a second hand starsense purchased from a guy who moved here from the UK - didn't matter that it had UK location entered, it still got the correct data from the GPS module.(you have to select GPS as the source for time/date).

I haven't updated my Starsense for Skywatcher so I don't know about flashing the camera.

If you purchase a new mount the shop may have a demo model you could try your starsense on prior to purchase - they might be able to help figure out if you've made any errors with the handset or if the unit is faulty.
I have arranged a few scopes/mounts for Tuesday, and will be taking the Starsense for Skywatcher in, however, it won't really prove anything if it isn't under dark skies. It will get into - it's a Celstron product, or - it's a Skywatcher product. They simply don't work together to better, each of there products. They may as well be making condoms.

I also have a Celestron GPS - that's another story, the dates it throws out are ridiculous, give correct lat/lon, then mount just goes haywire.

At the point, where I feel, just buy from one manufacturer, only the one to ***** about then

Cheers,

DOC