View Single Post
Old 23-09-2020, 09:26 AM
DeepSkyBagger (Patrick)
Astro Pom

The first three seemed to go quite well. Here's the next five.

4. NGC 7009 Aqr.
Very, very bright. Instantly visible in medium finding powers (x83). Quite elongated with lobes at either end. There is a darkening within it, but it is not central, so not a hole, I think. (see 98/01). There is faint outer nebulosity, which extends to form the 'ansae', though these are usually visible only to averted vision. The OIII filter makes it appear a little larger, presumably by brightening the fainter outer nebulosity, but it is really not needed for this object.

5. NGC 7662 And
Very, very bright. Quite elongated. Pale blue in colour. Darker in the middle, making it appear annular. Faint extensions are visible outside the brighter part of the nebula. There is a brighter ring structure within the bright nebula.

6. NGC 7027 Cyg
Very bright and very small. It appears rectangular in shape. The northern half is brighter than the southern, with an intense bright spot in the north west. A dark line bisects the nebula across its shorter dimension, half way along. At x450, the OIII filter reveals a fainter outer nebulosity. The filter does little for the brighter part of the nebula. Stands very high power very well, under which it appears a little more rounded. The western edge is sharper, the eastern edge tending to fade away as if ‘brushed’.

7. NGC 6210 Her
Very, very bright, obvious at x83. The OIII filter adds nothing. Bright blue. Fairly homogeneous, slightly elongated. The north side is brighter than the south side where there is some sort of darkness. Outer nebulosity is visible, especially at the extremities of the nebula.

8. NGC 6720 (M57) Lyr
An astonishing view at x450. The colours were quite bright - greenish in the ring and bluish inside. Of course, I may be influenced by photographs. With colour vision as bad as mine it's hard to tell. I think for the first time, I actually glimpsed the central star with averted vision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC 7009-15144.jpg)
162.7 KB29 views
Click for full-size image (NGC 7662 - 15147.jpg)
145.1 KB26 views
Click for full-size image (NGC 7027-14122.jpg)
73.3 KB21 views
Click for full-size image (NGC 6210-1491.jpg)
68.9 KB21 views
Click for full-size image (M57 - 9636.jpg)
92.3 KB19 views