Thread: My new lathe
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 06:09 AM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Sorry to hear of your problem Bojan. Capacitors?

Best
JA

I had a look at the control board.. nothing obvious.

It seems the output driver of motor controller is single FET (or SCR), on heatsinks (next to coil must be Graetz rectifier). On the attached image, red and black are mains (left of the PCB), red, green, black bundle (next to the adjusting pots) is speed control pot on the front plate, DC motor wires are blue and white (in the middle).
The supplier wants me to provide demonstrating video of the problem, to come up with solution (which will be replacement of the controller board (my preference) or the replacement (more likely) of the whole machine)
I think I made mistake with supplier.. but no one else had that particular model, and form mechanical point of view this machine is exactly what I wanted.
If supplier becomes difficult or the whole situation gets too complicated, I may attempt to repair controller board myself, it seems it is very simple circuit, probably just PWM driver and SCR or FET output stage (motor is DC, no visible marks on it.. I will try to connect it to 12V just to see if is operational).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC_0166.jpg)
200.0 KB151 views

Last edited by bojan; 17-04-2020 at 10:18 AM.