View Single Post
Old 14-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Timmo (Tim)

Hi guys,

This is why I joined this forum, straight up no nonsense advice! Thanks heaps, I was sure it was a "me" problem and that the equipment should be suitable enough to see something.

I've done a little research on collimation and found a few easy things I can do to test that out. I guess it's pretty easy for it to get out of whack on its way to the shop.

I've got a couple of apps on my iPhone that I've been using while having a fire out back with the kids (Stellarium and StarmapPro) so pretty sure I'm looking at the right thing - but a little more care and time to be absolutely positive won't hurt.

Sadly it's going to be cloudy and raining for probably around a week here but the good weather is quickly coming in so I'm looking forward to spending some hours out back getting this thing working nicely.

I'm lucky enough to be just over the ACT border on a small 20acre property, we get so many perfectly clear and dark nights out here so should be in for a bit of a treat.

Peter I'm going to check out your posts, there's so much info out there but I find a lot of people just say "upgrade" rather than give advice on the equipment you have.

Thanks again, I'll be back in a week or when I get a bit of a clear break and let you know how I go!

Timmo