View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 03:58 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The BOJAN WIDEFIELD MOUNT.

I had an earlier thread re making an old mount into a widefield unit.
I removed the dec so it only had RA and dec adjust was to be by way of moving the camera on a ply replacement of the dec arrangement.
I ran into problems with the controller box which I was unable to resolve.
Bojan kindly offerred to look at the motor and control box and finally replaced the lot with considerable effort...some of his time was wasted because some idiot did not give him the correct address to return mail the goods...not only once but twice he sent the parcel to the address he was given ...the idiot was me...I confused PO box numbers..I was thinking of my fathers PO box number at another PO...the Post Office did not realise the mistake or recognise my name apparently and sent the parcel back twice...it was my fault but you would think they would have recognised the name...anyways I asked Bojan to send the parcel to Tabulam where even with an incorrect box number you would get your parcel.
This time I got the box number correct and picked up the parcel...
But I resolved that as a mark of my appreciation that the mount would be called "THE BOJAN WIDEFIELD MOUNT".

As everything was new I had to construct a housing unit..well yesterday I got some "me" time and started building a box using balsa...a great way to build stuff...and its partially done.
When its finished I will cover it in resin to give it heaps of strength.
Anyways here are some photos of the progress...actually I will have to add them after a resize☺.

Alex