View Single Post
Old 25-08-2007, 11:38 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Hi Dave

Wow – that is an impressive array of ‘scopes, mounts and sensors! As you well know, things can go wrong on these occasions.
  • Make sure that you have notes on each ‘scope/mount/sensor combo and what you want to achieve with it.
  • Jot down the types of images and image sequences you want to record.
  • Note details of optimum exposure times, etc. based on previous results.
  • Check that everything is working.
  • Make sure that sensors are in focus and check on a regular basis.
  • Ensure you have the necessary remote releases, etc.
It will be quite a challenge operating multiple systems so follow a written plan and operating procedures to minimise potential problems.

Good luck mate!

Cheers

Dennis

PS - declare the zone around tripods off-limits to avoid a repeat of your tragic Duckadang experience, and don't forget to check focus, and then check it again!
I love a challenge - right up until it fails

Only me operating the scopes. Imaging everything from home. I will be keeping the moon centred in all shots, I know my limitations , well OK maybe not but I am willing to give it a good try.

We are forecast for clear "warm" skies on Tuesday, setting the scopes up and drift aligning as best I can Monday night/Tuesday morning and doing some test shots. I have only just bought DSLR focus and as yet not used it (better learn damn quick methinks) on either the canon or the Pentax - it wont work with the 400D though. Could use imaged plus there, but haven't used that either. Aah such a computer software Virgin.

No I will be leaving the tricky shots to the seasoned Paparazzi such as you and Mike - to get the money shots

Just have to remember to set the mounts on Lunar

NOW all I need is to get a crash course on using K3cccdtool to get the polar alignment right on each scope (might be cheaper to fly Paul down for the hour or two to get it right) and go from there. the 240 Volt advantage will be needed, the dew here tonight is horrendous - fog expected in the morning and similar conditions right through until Wednesday. the dew heaters will be working overtime