View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Astronovice (Calvin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post
Over here that would be considered racist, sorry for being WELSH and NOT a BRIT, please get it right, thank you

In fact my Mother was born in Swansea, Wales and my father Scotland I am actually a Cornish living in Wales my son is Devonian born Devon/Cornwall

I was simply making the comparison that most people would not see any difference between different types of GLASS used in scopes, fluorite etc, may be a bit complicated to understand, whicgh I have now highlighted in my earlier response to make it easier to understand the relevance, sorry

http://projectbritain.com/nationality.htm
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jeremy,

As the originator of this topic I fail to see what you find offensive or incorrect about being called a Brit. I was born in England and to my knowledge all of us born in Great Britain (which includes Wales, as the website you linked quite clearly points out) are labelled as British, colloquially known as Brits.

Back to the original topic, I have found your input informative in regard to the differences between FCD100 and FPL53 as it addresses the question whether there would be a significant glass driven difference between the Saxon scope and the SkyWatcher alternatives. Having acknowledged that, the ongoing discussion relating to zoom or fixed focus camera lenses is spurious to the original post as it contributes nothing to making the choice of which scope to buy.
Thanks again for your input. Calvin, naturalised Australian.