View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 06:56 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Yes that 15mm is a good one , but also take a look at the ' SuperViews 'from either Andrews or Bintel , these are still the best eyepieces for the price bar none .

I have personally tested a SV 15mm against my 15mm TelVue Panoptic ( a rare eyepiece ) , the 20mm SV against my 19mm Panoptic and the 30mm SV against my 27mm Panoptic and you would never think that these SV's are 1/10th the price of the TelVue's.
These 3 are 1/2 the price of one Panoptic .

These perform to an easy 90%of the much more expensive eyepieces and at 68* they have a nice field of view .

Highly recommended .

Brian .

ps. I only grabbed the 3 SV's mentioned here 2nd hand from the classified's here to do a side by side in all my scopes with the TelVue's and I was very impressed , since sold sadly tho .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingman View Post
Ok, thanks heaps Suzy, lots of good info.

You still recommend going with a 15mm when i have a 25 and a 10 ?

Something along these lines?
https://www.ozscopes.com.au/skywatch...-eyepiece.html

Good to know I’m wasting my time with some of the galaxies, i will definitely check out your posts on small scope observing.

Will i get a better view of mars with my scope? Or is a bright star the best ill get?

Pretty good feeling when you do find a certain object, or you do start to recognise constellations, Scorpius blew me away when i realised it was right in front of me, and the size of it!

Never realised I would have this much fun observing