View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 11:14 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Ray: I see, would be rather more useful for peeps further away from the equator where not as much altitude when planets at meridian - like yourself, Sth Aus, and same for Nthrn Hemi's , or if one cant afford time to stay up till midnight or bit beyond, which speaking of planets do around opposition !

Thats how I see it, the other Midnight Mars & Saturn were right in the zenith - this gadget would have need be set to cancel each other out as the zenith atmosphere hardly if any causes light deflection !

Mmm, not enough for this duck to worry about anyway, but sounds very useful for the conditions you touched on - planet low, atmosphere clear & steady, then bring all wavelengths together and capitalize
!!!

---------------------------

Thanx Nik, great to know mate.
Weather, yup, already blaming that on Mothers day, Lol
Hope to see some your results down the track as your a fair way down Sth aswell

-----------------------------

Cheers Andrew, some good positive feedback for the unwary
Have you posted any previous planet images here with your setup and the adc, would be interesting to know so I can hunt them out for a squizz

-----------------------------

Bit of reading there Steve huh, I was only able to get through it as it was quite interesting at the time and had my attention !
Re: Curious if useful for photog - as mentioned above, Id stab at it being quite useful in certain circumstances, eg, if one's location does Not allow for a high altitude pass of a planet when at/near the meridian, that said, there may be processing techniques out there to do correct images with these 'color focus' inconsistencies !

But I still hold firm that if ones raw base data is cleaner 'in all or any rgrds' when captured, then it will/should out perform any image with correction from processing - from a base point of photog application !!
On the other hand - can also take into account that some astro-imagers can actually do more improvement to their images via processing
Bottom line is, depends on where ones strength is

Rgrds ..