View Single Post
Old 30-07-2019, 10:48 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Oh how I would love a 280 lb anvil.

Thanks for your encouragement Richard.

As to veggies.. potato,sweet potatoes pumpkin..all great for baking.. but in a conventional baking dish...I do use a camp over but usually just for bread or pizza.

Beer rarely if not at all...but I have been getting whiskey to forget the legs sometimes but a bottle only last two days...well not two days but 24 hours starting at 8 pm it is gone by 8 pm the next day..but I find it dulls my legs ... but not being allowed to drive means I rarely use it...been thinking of making my own..just for fun..

I don't seem to get drunk just slower and more careful cause I know my ability is different.

Thanks for your post as it is so nice to have a rest and find a comment..Anyways back to work.
I have decided to take the tree down like in the Lord of the Rings, well not entirely but pull it down rather than cut it..I reckon if I dig a hole in the direction it is to fall, add water, tie some ropes under tension it will eventually fall over. Anyways that has started, about two hours ago...so any month now.

Alex

Little progress on the observatory as spent all my time sorting the van and the electrics and trying to climb over the accumulating stuff. At least the car is unpacked now.
Alex

Not a roast but just cooking sausages and carrots on a star picket. Late edit rather than new post so someone else is on top...the sausages were great but the carrots were excellent ..tasty as perhaps the best I have ever tasted as the fat from the sausages ran down and gave then a unique flavour...I spent time today leveling the thing and working out footings and fixed the turffer which was playing up... I am going to do some beef jerkyover the fire tomorrow if I can fit that in.
Alex

Cut down four trees and taking an exposure now to see how many more so I can see csp
Alex

Not much happening as I have been getting a little astronomy in ...also one night up to 3-30 am processing so I have been exhausted during the day really. Today I spent time squaring the thing up and adding additional screws in various places. I cut some planks to add to the exterior for additional strength and measured for the corner iron sections but my bargain Aldi Genny would not run the angle grinder..just now..there are three gennies at the house that will do the job as I have used the angle grinder on them and they worked ok. I played at digging starting the holes for the piers but frankly I could not go on so came in to cook a meal as I forgot to eat today.
It's like when you get a house to lock up stage..it looks complete but actually that is when the work really starts.
I am going to bring down the old 1100 amp hour 12 vlt batteries from the house having gained experience and confidence as to moving heavy stuff using ropes and that neat little $15 turffer. The batteries are on their last legs but I expect I can get a usable 50 amps out of them which should run the fridge..anyways those at the house will be happy to get them away from the house as folk have been telling them stories about old batteries blowing up and they feel they are dangerous.
Sorry there is not more to report and I suppose from now on it will be just small things like painting adding a better door maybe a motorised roof...And building the pier for the 80 mm might be fun if I can't get a welder and have to make the connector fitting in fibre glass..well not fibre glass but resin and stainless steel dish washers...
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20190801164247_resize_59.jpg)
104.2 KB90 views

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 07:39 PM.