View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 11:16 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Colour is a little bright, but, gee that's a uber-sharp piece of glass. Most excellent
Yeah I am finding my feet here with regards to colour with these DSLR type images. A lot on the net tend to be very colourful. I've pulled it back a little and it may still be too colourful. A hard call sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
It looks pretty sharp there Greg
Does the focuser have a way of correcting for tilt? It looks like you have some on the left side of the frame. With the star size difference you may find it difficult getting a nice merge between the frames for a mosaic.
With a mosaic I overlap at least 25% and by then the stars are good, it won't be a problem.

No the lens itself is like any lens but it does end in an M48 male threaded end. You attach your T ring and mount it in your camera.

I have bought a tilt/tip adapter for it from Teleskop Services and will be adding it to before the T ring. I think I'll get one of those new copper T Rings William Optics are selling as well for even stronger and more accurate attachment. This type of optic is going to be sensitive to tilt and also its quite long and slightly heavy so that will put pressure on the mount.
On my ML16 I have it fully corrected and supported so round stars to the corners there.

Greg.