View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niharika View Post
Hi Rodney,

Couple of thoughts from me

1. I believe, you mentioned that SGP was used for focusing. Doesn't SGP focus based on field of view? If yes would it be possible for you to focus some other way on a star in the center to check the curvature/tilt?

2. Yet to compare the fits, but from document images QSI image appears to be tighter in the corners compared to ZWO ASI images. Is that the case?

Regards
Raki
Good points Raki. SGP does use or can use the entire field of view for focusing. It does also have the option of using a cropped portion of the field as well to allow for any distortion in the corners of the image. For this reason I configured the auto focus routine to crop the outer 30% of the image to remove this risk. Having said that, it would be worthwhile me having another test run and maybe tighten this up a bit.

On the issue of the QSI image being tighter in the corner. Yes this is the case. Zooming on on the QSI image does show the star elongation in the centre though. I was expecting the QSI camera to produce a better outcome due to the small sensor size which when compared to the ASI6200.