View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Exclamation Announcement: IISis2 2nd Birthday Competition!

Hi all.

I'm pleased to announce today the launch of the IISis2 Competition, to celebrate the 2nd Birthday of IceInSpace.

Usually there's a couple of weeks notice leading up to a competition, but not this time! I wanted to surprise you all so the competition is announced and launched today, on the day of our 2nd birthday!

Everything you need to know, including the sponsors, prizes, the all-important rules and more can be found on the IISis2 Competition Info Page.

The eligibility rules are slightly different for this competition than from previous competitions. To be eligible to take part in the competition, you have to have been a member for 1 month and have made at least 5 posts. I'm sorry if this rules you out this time around, but for guests, make sure you register so that you're eligible for the next competition. For those with less than 5 posts, won't don't you introduce yourself, say g'day, ask some questions, or provide some answers or advice to others. Once you've made more than 5 posts, within the hour you'll be able to take part in the competition.

The format of the actual quiz is the same as previous competitions, with 30 multiple questions. Many thanks to Dennis Simmons and Paul Russell (1ponders) for their help, by providing some questions for the quiz. They sacrificed their eligibility to win some great prizes in order to help me out. I appreciate it greatly.

As with previous competitions, you only need to get 1 answer correct to get an entry in the draw! The more you get right, the more entries you get in the draw.

Thanks to the generous sponsors for providing the great prizes for the competition. Why not show your support to the sponsors, as thanks to them for providing this support to you.

This is the official thread for the IISis2 competition, so please feel free to ask questions or make comments about the competition in here.

I've put some work in automating the running of these competitions, so the quiz questions will automatically be live after 9am this morning (13th September).

You have 2 weeks to get your entries in, with entries closing at 5pm AEST on September 27th 2006. After that time, the correct answers (and your score) will automatically be displayed on the quiz page.

Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited by iceman; 13-09-2006 at 07:22 AM.