View Single Post
Old 13-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Chr

Hello,

Came across these forums last week, and I must say, they are the greatest resource I have ever found
A few years ago, I got the astronomy bug, and after some minor (and now in retrospect, poor) research I purchased a 150mm x 1400mm Saxon newtonian reflector. This came on a basic eq3 mount, and two fairly poor eye pieces. However due to my poor research and inability to find any sort of information at the time, was unable to really make good use of it, so it has sat in the corner of a room for a couple of years, barely used

Now however, I am really eger to get into it all seriously, and properly, but honestly I still have no clue what I'm doing. I am seriously interested in learning astrophotography, as well as normal observing.

However after reading through these forums for a week or so I'm now wonder whether I should try to use my current scope to learn, and slowly kit up with things like motor drives, piggy back mount for camera, eye pieces ect. Or whether I should pick up a good Dobsonian to start really learning how to observe etc. or whether I should grit it out with my reflector, and the annoyance of aligning the mount, and trying to work out how to collimate the rotten thing constantly.

Apologies for the length.
In short
Hello! I'm a newbie! Need help

Many Thanks
Chris