View Single Post
Old 28-12-2010, 05:29 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

I think when upgrading camera you have to think about a couple of things first. I assume you are talking about astro-photography right? Not terrestrial. A 1000D would have a certain pixel size and sensor size. Why are you wanting to upgrade? To get more image scale? Sensor size? Then you have to ask yourself what scope you're imaging with. Is it matched to your camera? Do you reach the sweet spot as far as image scale goes? I mean it's a compromise between how much resolution you want to achieve and how good you're guiding is capable of? Then of course there is the processing part which is a very big part of the equation IMHO. You can have top gear with quality data out of the box and still bugger it with bad processing. So I think you have to look at the whole picture before considering moving up. Are you getting the most out of your current rig and where can you improve? What's the weakest point (was usually always me ). It might not be the camera necessarily. Good luck with the purchase though