Old 01-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iborg View Post
Thank you for a very enjoyable read!
Thanks for the kind comment Philip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Chris, I can totally relate to your short, to date, journey.

I've always had an interest in 'things up there' mainly birds, planes and the night sky. About two tears ago I decided to try some astro shots of the Milky Way, Eta Carina etc with rather underwhelming results. Joined this forum and several others and started reading and asking dumb questions, although it was pointed out to me that the dumbest question is the one that you don't ask.

PS: The below pic of my set-up to date was taken in my lounge room that has been ready to paint for ages, but I always seem to find something more interesting to do. If the truth be known, I've probably elevated procrastination to an art form.
Thanks for posting your story Kev. Good to read about some of the highs and lows that many of us share. I have the same difficulty with equipment - nothing local. In fact, even Perth City doesn't seem to have much in the way of dedicated astronomy shops. Your aims with astrophotography sound both interesting and attractive - I can feel some further pressure on the bank balance starting to build up... I like your idea of including some earthbound framing in the shots, so I hope you get better skies soon and that we get to see some of your pictures.

I can relate to your painting project too. I have a shed like that. I got half way round when it started to get too hot, and if I hang on for a little longer it might get too wet... Although I did get one more wall done recently.

Patience? Yes, not my strongest suit either. But I've always been pretty good at staring blankly into space...

Cheers,

Chris