View Single Post
Old 15-11-2023, 03:26 PM
AlexN
Widefield wuss

First astro rig since 2012...

Exceptionally happy with the results so far, I've produced 1 completed test image with the rig so far, ~5hrs worth of 5 min subs on M45 - which was the best M45 I've ever managed...
I've now started my first real long integration project and have amassed 10hrs of luminance on my target without a single trashed sub yet...

First light test image - M45

The Rig:
Losmandy G11 Gemini
Askar 65PHQ
SBIG ST-8300M with
FW5 CFW (Baader L, R, G, B, 7nm Ha)
ASI120MM Mini
SVBony 30mm f/4 guide scope
2x Cheap aliexpress dew heaters

Not in the pic, but part of the rig now:
MeLE Quieter 3c MiniPC
ZWO EAF
Touptek ATR3CMOS10300KPA (IMX294 colour camera)

The plan is that the ST8300M will get a full 3nm narrowband filter set, and I'll use the Touptek camera for colour targets, and shoot 3nm narrowband with the ST8300M.
As both cameras have a very similar sensor size and image scale, I should be able to blend narrowband data from the ST8300 into the colour images should I desire, and long term, perhaps get another 65PHQ and run them side by side for double the data collection on any given night. We'll see!

For now though - I must say I'm a very happy boy with the setup, it performs perfectly (as you'd expect, running a G11 with 5.4kg on it)...

Hopefully by the end of december I'll have the 30+hrs on my current target and have my first real project to show for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (TheRig.jpg)
164.8 KB292 views