View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 07:52 AM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Hi all,

My 2.5mm Toe arrived yesterday, and I was able to take advantage of a few hours of clearish skies before it got more humid and cloudy last night.

It is a very nice eyepiece, and surprisingly still quite comfortable to look thought, in spite of working with only 105mm aperture at 630mm FL (mag 250x). Last night I set up a mount with tracking to allow for comfortable observations with higher magnifications.

To my eyes, I did not see any more detail with 2.5mm Toe than with my 3.5mm Delos, and perhaps even with 5mm Delite, but the image was larger and it has made seeing some of Saturn's moons a bit easier (but some were easier in 5mm Delite).

Overall - I like how it worked last night on Saturn and Jupiter.

Splitting Rho Capricorni (1.7" separation) confirmed that this eyepiece works just fine with my telescope.

And yes, I went silly and barlowed 2.5mm Toe and 2x TV barlow on Saturn (mag. about 500x with 105 mm). Still could clearly see all 5 moons (not at once of course as they didn't fit into the view) and the image held together well, which is a testimony to the quality of glass in the light path.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (eyepieces.JPG)
111.5 KB58 views