View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
rcheshire (Rowland)

Quote:
Humm...wasn't really wanting to weigh into this discussion due my commercial links with SBIG...but lists of "this is better" or "that is better" without some hard data I have to say is subjective at best.

Rowland..can I suggest you have a critical look at the images various users are producing:
Thanks Peter. I'm glad you responded. I'm just grinding my way through the detail, and no closer to making a choice, attempting to come to grips with the technology. I understand that it is a complex field and wont rush in here and there. But there were a few perception hurdles to overcome.

It is one thing to be informed about the technology, and another to gather valuable insight from people with experience - hence this thread.

I agree the proof is in the pudding and I've spent quite some time perusing. I'm have a healthy degree of scepticism and won't decide easily where this is concerned.

Pool the facts, investigate alternatives, look for options, before operating etc, etc...

That way I can take stock with some satisfaction and joy.

I have looked at SBIG and open to suggestions at this stage. I wasn't quite sure about their cooling.