View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 07:36 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allz_photograph View Post
Hi Martin,

I ran the PHD2 Guidingassistantbut no idea what any of it means.. The backlash test kept failingfor some reason as well.
Ali,
Your issues may be 2 pronged ??
1/ Mechanical issues with the mount ( excessive Dec backlash ) What mount do you have ? Is it secondhand or new ?
2/ Failure of Calibration due to step sizes and the location in the sky where you performed your calibration. You must , I repeat you must Calibrate at Dec = 0 or close , on the east side of the north meridian near the Celestial Equator.

Here’s a link to PH2 trouble shooting which is well worth a read , particularly the part on Calibration

https://openphdguiding.org/man-dev/Trouble_shooting.htm

If you still can’t resolve your issues then it would be prudent to upload your log files ( before and post failure ) and post it on the Open PHD2 forum. Hopefully Bruce or Brian will see it and offer some practical advice , recommendations

I can’t really offer anymore help

Generally if you follow the procedures in my first reply post then most mounts will guide ok , however in saying that it only takes one piece of info not correctly entered or one task not adhered too and PHD2 will run into issues

Good luck

Cheers
Martin