View Single Post
Old 22-03-2019, 05:32 AM
silv (Annette)

ouch.

I calculated that I get 2 nights per good month, 3 nights if I count a moonlit night.
Good months: mid Feb to mid May, mid Sept to mid Nov. The rest of the year is either summer on 54˚lat or winter on the coast of the Baltic Sea with a river mouth close by = permanent cloud cover, no exaggeration.

Total of max 15 evenings per year. And that is still littered with disappointments from uncertain forecasts and sudden, unplanned for clear spells.

I'm in the observing lane. So I listened to my heart to find the answer what it is I actually like so much about looking with both eyes into serene beauty and into what I know is eternity and a distant past that's unimaginable.

Now here comes: why not get my hands/eyes wet on a stereo microscope and look at sands and crystals and other old stuff that my beach has aplenty. Quickly browsing through a microscoper forum, apparently I can even do imaging and "stacking".

So if fishing is not quite the answer, maybe fishing and a stereo microscope is. They even come in achromats and apos!

Last edited by silv; 22-03-2019 at 05:45 AM.