Thread: Hong Kong E-Bay
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2008, 12:15 AM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Hi Leon.

For your info. If you buy a new camera from HK especially from EBay, they say that it is under Canon warranty or is listed as 12 months warranty. That warranty is given from the seller themselves and "NOT" Canon. What people don't know is that Canon "DO NOT" , repeat... "DO NOT" provide International Warranty. If you bought your 5D in Australia, look at the warranty card. It does say Australia/New Zealand printed on that warranty card or that Canon have changed the rules. A very close friend of mine works at Canon HeadOffice in Australia who knows best .

Although my work at Hewlett Packard deals with notebooks, but i do indeed get alot of end-users buying their notebooks on EBay wanting their notebook to be covered under warranty. When we pull up the serial number in our records, it doesn't exist .

Another thing i have to mention is the reason why in HK goods are sold cheaper is most goods do not come with warranty from the manufacturer surprisingly unless bought from a respectable retailer such as Myers, DickSmith here over there. If you been to Hong Kong you will know the small stalls are the ones which sells the non-warranty goods. They are called "Water Goods" hence the reason why lower price and goods on tax is much lower. How do i know this? I come from Hong Kong

Ask yourself saving that $200-$300 buying a DSLR from HK for a 12 months warranty is it worth it? you'll be the judge

Last edited by EzyStyles; 19-06-2008 at 12:30 AM.