View Single Post
Old 23-06-2015, 04:57 PM
gregbradley

Hi Mark,

I have used 2 TEC flatteners. Firstly flatteners on TEC scopes I doubt are super sensitive to spacing. There is some tolerance. Are you sure about the 85mm spacing for the 140 flattener? It sounds about right but I thought mine were 86mm.

Anyway, yes you add the CCD chamber glass which I am told is usually 3mm. So add 1/3rd of that.

Ordering an exact length adapter is a tense moment. I calculated the Honders one many times and I was concerned when I first had it on focusing it that it was off but thankfully it focused in time before the travel on the electronic focuser ran out! Precise Parts are very good but an adapter as you know is often around AUD $300. The Honders one was more like $500. Ouch. Beautifully made though and Ashley is very professional. He replaced one adapter I had that was causing reflections.

Come to think of it I probably have some adapters for TEC flatteners here so I can have a look at what I have and let you know if you want to save some $'s. I didn't use an SBIG camera though so perhaps of no use.They fit a FLI filter wheel which is about 75mm aperture.

You should be safe here.

Greg.