View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:23 AM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I purchased a Nikkor lens? AF 50mm f/1.8D.
Gave it a short run last night but I noticed that I had to take it out to infinity such it would go no further...lookinh in the camera display focus looked good ...however when trying to process I now notice that I have little doughnuts for stars...it seems like I need more in travel although I will check again that maybe I went too far...assuming the worst I am thinkng that maybe by adding a "protective" filter (as you do with a camera...I think they call the uv filters but the idea is merely to put a glass barrier in front of your lens) in the hope that I get a better focus...what do you think?
Alex
Hi Alex,

I would try to assess the manual versus autofocus accuracy (out of curiosity/for comaprison, that is if your camera can can drive a Nikon AF lens - It depends on camera model) in daylight and then take it form there first. You may have been on one side or the other of perfect focus. Did you use Liveview for focus check at its maximum magnification? And then, did you see both sides of perfect focus trying to detect for the smallest possible dot (star) size? Who know - perhaps the focus was a little off, if not using maximum magnification.

Best
JA