Thread: Post Processing
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011, 11:39 AM
rainwatcher (Peter)

Thanks gbeal. I was not tracking so was restricted on the Milky Way by star blur, had to limit to 20 seconds at f5.6 18mm, and on the Orion ones just 4 seconds at f5.6 damn Tulla airport washes everything out to the south east.
I use long exposure correction which automatically takes a dark and subtract within the camera. Basically I am being a bit lazy and testing my gear in my backyard which has quite a bit of light pollution and it has been rainy but warm so lots of atmospheric problems. I am testing nebulosity now, it does not automatically align the images - you have to select stars but that’s OK. I will have a look at Image Plus also. (i also get "out of memory" error using DSS with anything other than basic settings ) I will be going bush and doing some real dark sky shots and then I will see how good the set up AND I perform.
Bartman, thanks for the reply. The bands are weird, but the link you sent was great and has given me some ideas on monitoring and managing my chip heat.
The real way to go is with dedicated ccd but i am just a poor pensioner and cant afford it, plus this gives me lots more flexibility. My camera is not modified as i use it for all photography so i unfortunately miss the IR nebula stuff, i will use my film camera for this.