View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:21 PM
RussellH

I don’t doubt anything you have said Martin, and I have already commented on your great images, but you had to get things customised to do it, and I wonder down the track if there’s issues, whether that will cause me grief as it’s not a spec machine? Plus my interactions with Bintel haven’t been great so far, even though I haven’t talked to Don, but what if he’s not there when I need help?

Regarding the focuser, I actually like to dabble with Arduino gear, and I found a couple of easy custom focuser mods this morning that look like fun projects. Parts to build one are about $25 - $35 and that allows interfacing to software which will autofocus for you. So while it’s not the easy route, it is heaps more enticing, especially for the price, so I’m not concerned about the 2 speed upgrade at this stage, and if the do-it-yourself fails, I can also get the 2 speed myself down the track. I realised my concerns about light leakage can probably be taken care of just with some foam packing material if needed.