View Single Post
Old 15-06-2017, 09:30 PM
SuperG

I image from cricket pitches in darker areas. This lend itself to a normally horizontal surface. Sorry writing this on my phone.
1. You tripod probably has an N on one if the legs; point this to the south (use your smart phone or compass.
2. Turn you scope so it points directly north and focus your dslr on a star near the horizon.
3. You have a newt. Using an external/ cable cam trigger and also bulb mode press and hold to open the shutter for 10 seconds. This will serve as a start marker. .
4. Move the star in a vertical direction at a slew speed of 2 for 30 seconds. Then immediately reverse the direction for the same amount of time. I count in my head.
5. Release the cam shutter and view the image. It will probably look like a V shape or upside down v.
6. Lift the mount gently and turn a few degrees to the east or west and repeat steps 2-6 till the v shape turns to a single line.
7. The the scope to the east and focus on a star near the horizon. You will need to respeat the process above but the star needs to be moved left or right rather than up or down. For this step adjust the mount latitude angle up or down till the v line becomes a single line.