View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:35 AM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
The corrector is sort of sandwiched between the internal and external fittings of the secondary holder. If it continuously spins, the only way to tighten it is to take off the corrector and hold both sides of the assembly/holder.

Luckily on mine, gentle clockwise rotation of the external ring, managed to grip and tighten somewhat. Non gentle counterclockwise turning, to install a hyperstar for example may do it again though. We will see.

Zuts, I’m interested in your downsizing aperture. Are you predominantly an imager?
I’m thinking of going the other way, but oddly, I think you gain much more by a c11xlt to c925 edge hd, than a c925xlt to a c11 edge.

Hemi
I get a bit bored looking in Sydney as it's too bright. I have a TV 85 which satisfies my widefield astro ambitions. The 9.25 I have only imaged planets, but when it goes to a dark site I am happy with the views. I just got a reducer for the edge so i will see.

Anyway I want to use the TV85 for a bit and get back into widefield.

My C11 which i sold was really good for looking, but mechanically the Edge is far superior. I would buy an 11 inch edge but feel i should be satisfied with my 9.25 and since I have a reducer and feathertouch focus boss think I should persevere with it.

I really don't think you could go wrong with a 11 inch edge, they are manageable, mechanically sound and would give good views if they are like my 9.25 which gives pinpoint stars.

Anyway, both visual outside of a city and astro, it's all good.

By the way I lived in Darwin in Gardens Hill and Malak for around 5 years, a great place

Cheers
Paul