View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Gama

Hahaha, i really thought it was a legit site..Stung twice.

With the NR filter, yeah that was good news to me too that they didnt fudge the Raw image at all up to ISO 800. Im in the same boat as you, i cant use anything higher than 800 cause of the sky background where i am. It saturates at around 3 minutes at 1600 and very white at 800.
But at 400 its really nice, and 200 is fantastic. But i needed to make sure they (Nikon) wernt blowing smoke up my dress..(Figure of speach!).
So i tested it up to ISO 800 and yep, they were correct, not a prob.
What is amazing is just how far DSLR has come in the last few years.
I was looking at some images by a Yankee Robotics Trifid II, and comparing them with images from modded DSLR's, and you cant pick it. Just taken for granted that it will take some nice family pics, but as a poor mans Asto camera.
But in fact its now a smart mans tool, does everything you need for getting some really high quality shots.
Boy, i remember buying my first CCD camera when they first started comming out. It was the Meade 216, got it about 9 years ago, and it produce breathtaking images (Which i laugh at now)then, but now would rather use a stone and chisel to image instead of it.
While surfing around i stumbled on a site that showed the CCD's that were made for the U.S. Military, man it was HUGE.. 4" Square.. They reckon it was the largest single CCD in the world. (No Cmos here.. hehe just kidding).
I'll try and find that site again.