View Single Post
Old 27-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Gama

OK, i have taken a few images of M83 with the D200 and NR (Noise Reduction) OFF, as i said i want to see the total noise this camera generates including amp glow etc at room temperature.
I took 8 X 2 minute exposures with a room temperature D200 at prime focus of my 14" RCX @f8, i then stacked them (Median) and then done Strech, Unsharp and then a 3x3 BIN to shrink the size down a lot... and then a little crop to get rid of a boo boo i did when i bumbed the scope half way into the exposures... I also over streched the image to show the amp glow better, so its not as bad as it looks.
Any how heres the image. I like it, very good color for 16 minutes of exposure @f8. I also have attached an equivalent from the Canon 20D which i also done the same way except the exposures were done to 28 minutes at ISO400 to reduce noise. The color inbalance in the Canon was due to MaximDL not setting the correct balance.
Remember i over enhanced the Nikon to show the glow, but in reality its not as bad as it here, and remember this is when the camera is at room temp (21 deg). I later took a dark frame and subtracted the noise and the image was fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (M83 Nikon Raw RCXF8.jpg)
129.6 KB215 views
Click for full-size image (M83 Raw canon RCX F8.jpg)
130.4 KB185 views