View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 08:40 PM
paulfox (Paul)

Authenticating...

I have just received my AAP, 294MC and 120MM and trying to connect them all to my HEQ5. I have the V5 SynScan hand controller and also the SynScan WiFi dongle. II have used both of them, and they're working fine.

I've tried to follow these settings and it just won't work for me. I have tried to connect the SynScan dongle to both the home WiFi and also the AAP access point. The WiFi dongle just doesn't want to connect to anything else. It says that the settings are applied, but just keeps using it's own access point.

I also tried to plug the USB-B connector to one of the USB-A ports on the AAP. But AAP just says that serial was not found. It doesn't let you set the baud rate which is a bit of a pain, because that might be the issue.

I also tried to connect the AAP to the SynScan WiFi dongle. I just get stuck "Authenticating..."

Changing the WiFi on the AAP seems really horrible too. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. But it seems to break the home WiFi. I'm at the point that I might just order the EQMOD-USBA cable and be done with it. Luckily we're having a cloudy spell right now.

A question I had before I started trying to connect this all up, is do you still need to connect the hand controller initially to go through initialisation? Or does your AAP send through the location and date/time info to the mount?