View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

Hi,
I can see both sides of the opinions there and both make sense,
I also plan to use the goto manually as well to help me in the learning process as silly as it sounds.
I can see that a red dot finder will help pinpoint the desired object and help align it up a tad easier, at least that is how i read it.

The standard eye pieces are Plossl 10 and 25mm
Are there cheap a good brands of 2x barlow eye pieces?, i did search around a bit and they seam to vary quiet a bit, i figured there might be a brand of barlow that is more preferred to than others and is a good match for the 10" Dobsonian.
Just for example, SkyWatcher or Celestron Omni
http://www.ozscopes.com.au/catalogse...t/?q=2x+barlow

I did see a few mention that they haven't heard of the fine tuning rings, which to me sounds like something i should be staying away from if they are not widely known.

Here is what they sent to be in regards to them,

With default eyepiece, you will be getting 48x and 120x magnification.

With the 5mm eyepiece, you will be getting 240x magnification.
If you use the 14mm fine tuning ring, it will become 4mm focal length and you will get 300x magnification.
If you use the 28mm fine tuning ring, it will become 3.2mm focal length and you will get 375x magnification.
If you use both fine tuning ring together, it will become 2.6mm focal length and you will get 461x magnification.

You are essentially getting 4 different kind of eyepiece if you purchase both the fine tuning ring.